The Monster Hunter's Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holgarde RPG Sign Up

+5
Rekee Soen
rageofox
Sunfish123
Blaster427
17dragonboy
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Holgarde RPG Sign Up - Page 3 Empty Re: Holgarde RPG Sign Up

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:19 am

I would love to have more mystery and be able to investigate into it.

So, I guess that means I am leaning towards more social. :-)

One question, would the goals that we set for ourselves in the beginning still come into play or would all of that just be thrown aside? I did like the idea of the long term goals for our characters.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:23 pm

I hadn't considered the issue of competing RPG's.
The experiments I'm less worried about, but the other new RPG I'm starting on Minegarde does have me concerned. I don't want to spread myself too thin either (or overwork myself).
I'm not particularly confident in my imagination to generate a super duper plot, but I'll see what I can do. I'll probably think of something.
Chances are I'll try to get the RPG on Minegarde up and running before this one.

Anyway, it seems the consensus is the social style. I'd like to say that was the original intent of this RPG with the proposing of 'less M.H. focused characters.'

To be honest, I'd completely forgotten about character motivation. However, most everyone had something along the lines of 'help people.' The only exceptions were Glyph being insane and Blaster being number one.
In any case, those shouldn't be hard to retain.

I bit of a concern is this; at the moment, everyone's characters are all very monster hunter focused, which doesn't lend itself as much to the social style.
I'm under the impression at least some of you would like to keep your original character.
I don't know how well you guys would take to the idea of editing your characters in a large way that may make them more social oriented.

Either way, some edits will probably need to be made, just because of the integration of the system.

So the main question for now is, what to do about your characters, because at the moment they don't lend themselves as much to the social style.
It's not to say a very monster hunter focused character wouldn't be okay, I just want to give people the chance to change accordingly.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glyph Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:07 am

Well I'm gonna play the insanity card again and take the easy way out. Extreme mulitple personality disorder or something to that effect. IS THAT NOT OKAY!? As I was saying, no matter how hard you blink your eyes, orange and black keeps yelling at me! After all, social can be good too. So many names. Names. That's what I said, names. NO, stop LYING about the NAMES!
Anyways, like I said, I'm taking the easy/lazy road.
Glyph
Glyph
Elder Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:27 pm

I would not have a problem changing my character as needed to fit the new style. I do like her, but I don't think that I would have to change what I like about her to make her fit. I think she could retain her basic personality for the most part. Correct me if I am wrong on that.

Back to top Go down

Post by 17dragonboy Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:10 pm

As a heads up, this might get put off again.
I'm a little busy with other RPG projects on the other site. Real life might get a little busy as well.
Sorry to kind of drop the ball like that. Hopefully something will be thought of to be done over here.
17dragonboy
17dragonboy
Master Hunter (Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andras Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:38 pm

Take your time man. I don't remember a whole lot about the plot to this anyway. I rarely get to talk to you or BC or much of anyone save for hit and miss occasion's here or Minegarde. I hit BC and Kino up via skype very seldom, but its only because after work I feel freaking braindead, haha.
Andras
Andras
Master Hunter (Staff)

https://monhun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3